Bette Midler Measurements, Age, Height, Weight, Facts and More
On December 1, 1945, Bette Midler was born. She is an American novelist, comedian, actress, and singer. Midler has collected various awards throughout her career, which spanned over five decades. These include four Golden Globe awards, three Grammy Awards, three Primetime Emmy Awards, two Tony Awards, and a Kennedy Center award, in addition to two Academy Award nominations and a British Academy Film Award.
Bette Midler Career
In the summer of 1970, she started singing in the Continental Baths, a gay bathhouse within the Ansonia Hotel. She grew close to Barry Manilow, who played piano for her and produced her debut album, The religious Miss M, in 1972.
She developed a devoted following while working at the Continental Baths. When her album Bathhouse Betty was released in the late 1990s, Midler spoke of her experiences there as an artist “I’m still proud of those times, despite the way [the AIDS pandemic] things turned out.
I believe I was a leader in the gay liberation movement, and I hope I contributed to its advancement. So I kind of take pride in the moniker “Bathhouse Betty.”
Bette Midler Measurements
Height: 5 feet 1 inch
Weight: 57 kilograms
Astrological Sign: Sagittarius
Husband Name: Martin von Haselberg
Bette Midler Education
She was voted the “most vocal” and “most dramatic” student during her final year at Radford High School in Honolulu, Hawaii, in 1963. Later, she attended the University of Hawaii at Manoa with a theatre major but dropped out after three semesters.
Bette Midler Family
Dad: Fred Midler, the (Painter)
Mom: Ruth Schindel is the (Seamstress, Housewife)
Siblings: Judy Midler and Susan Midler are (Sister)
Others include: Fannie Goldberger, Israel D. Schindel, Ruben/Reuben Midler (paternal grandfather), Minnie Friedman/Fortz (paternal grandmother), and Israel/Reuben Midler (paternal grandfather) (Maternal Grandmother)
Bette Midler Personal Life
Bette Midler has been with –
She allegedly dated actor and film director Peter Riegert in the 1970s, although it was never clear how long they honestly dated or the simple matter of their breakup.
Reporter Geraldo Rivera Geraldo Rivera’s autobiography, Exposing Myself, is infamous for detailing his liaison with Midler (1991).
1979’s Robert De Niro In 1979, Bette and actor Robert De Niro were said to be dating.
From 1984 till the present, Martin von Haselberg Martin von Haselborg, an actor, is Bette Midler’s husband. The two got Lifton on December 16, 1984. Together, they have a daughter named Sophie von Haselberg, born November 14, 1986, and is an actress.
Bette Midler Particular Qualities
- Unkempt hair
- Extended jawline
- Full Lips
Favorite Things of Bette Midler
- The Andrew Sisters are a friendly singing group.
- Susan Boyle and Beyoncé are singers.
- Interests: Reading
- P.G. Wodehouse is the author
- Milos – Food
- S*x and the City, a TV program
Bette Midler Facts
- In her early years, she worked at a Dole pineapple processing plant in Hawaii.
- She was included in John Willis’ Screen World, Vol. 31, as one of the 12 “Promising New Actors of 1979.”
- In 1962, Bette appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, where she was announced as the program’s final guest.
- At 40, Bette gave birth to Sophie, her sole child.
- In 1983, Midler delivered a cover of the song Beast of Burden. She also starred with Mick Jagger in a choreographed music video for the same theme.
- While her sisters Susan and Judy are named after Susan Hayward and Judy Garland, respectively, she is named after actress Bette Davis.
- On June 22, 2004, the American Film Institute announced that two of her classic songs, Wind Beneath My Wings and The Rose, would be included in “The 100 Years of the Greatest Songs.”
- She was a devoted supporter and a dependable friend.
- On the VHA’s list of the “100 Greatest Women of Rock N Roll,” she came in at number 51.
- Actress-singer Rosemary Clooney.
- Bette was the valedictorian of her high school.
- On February 6, 1985, she recorded at 6922 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California, earning her a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- She is an ardent Democrat and liberal.
- In 1998, she was a candidate for the Zira part in The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride.
- Because her mother believed Bette Davis pronounced her name that way, it is supposed that the last syllable of Bette’s name is unpronounced.
- In the 1988 movie Beaches, she portrayed Lainie Kazan’s daughter, despite only being five years her junior in real life.
- She became pregnant with her second child with spouse Martin von Haselberg in April 1988, but she miscarried.
- Debbie Harry, Debra Messing, and 50 Cent are among her acquaintances.
- When she wrapped up shooting for Outrageous Fortune in 1987, she was five months along in the pregnancy with her daughter.
- Richard Chamberlain was her landlord when she previously rented a dilapidated home in Coldwater Canyon.
- In Las Vegas, Nevada, Midler debuted a show called The Showgirl Must Go On. She participated in the show at Caesars Palace for two years.
- Bette received recognition for her contributions to American culture through her musical endeavours at the 2021 Kennedy Center Honors in December.
- Visit BetteMidler.com to view her official website.
- Follow Bette Midler on Instagram and Twitter.