30 Facts About Gaten Matarazzo You Probably Didn’t Know About Gaten Matarazzo Facts
Gaetano Gaetano “Gaten” Matarazzo was born on September 8th, 2002.He is an American actor. He started his career on the Broadway stage as Benjamin in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and Gavroche in Les Miserables. He stars as Dustin Henderson in the Netflix science-fiction-horror drama series Stranger Things, and he hosts the Netflix show Prank Encounters.
You Should Know Facts About Gaten Matarazzo
Matarazzo is a native of Connecticut and was the son of Gaetano Matarazzo and Heather Matarazzo. Still, in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, he went to Pinelands Regional High School in Tuckerton, New Jersey. There are two siblings in his family and a younger sister Sabrina and a younger brother Carmen.
Gaten Matarazzo Facts List
- The baby was on September 8, 2002.
- He was born living in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey.
- He is two brothers and one older sister.
- Matarazzo has cleidocranial dysplasia, which is a condition that he shares with the character from Stranger Things Character.
- Dentures are because of his medical condition. He also uses his fame to spread awareness of it. 5 Matarazzo undergoes dental surgery beginning in October of 2017 to build natural teeth.
- He was rejected for acting roles for two years due to his physical impairment.
- The Duffer Brothers, who made “Stranger Things,” decided to take on Gaten’s dysplasia cleidocranial and give the comical and charming Dustin the same disorder.
- He was awarded the Award for Outstanding Performance given of an Ensemble the Drama Series.
- He began his career being a passenger with his sister while she met with a prospective manager who asked him to try acting.
- Matarazzo is of Italian origin.
- Matarazzo utilizes his platform to raise Cleidocranial dysostosis and raise money in support of CCD Smiles.
- This organization assists in the cost of dental surgeries for patients affected by the condition.
- Matarazzo has also introduced T-shirts that profits will go towards CCD Smiles.
- In his Facebook and Twitter accounts, Matarazzo actively notifies his followers about ways to donate for CCD Smiles and different events he’s going to take part in.
- His sister has launched a Facebook initiative to collect funds for the cause.
- His most prominent role in the role of Dustin Henderson in the hit Netflix series Stranger Things, he has also appeared performing on stage on the Broadway theatre stage as a character in Les Miserables and Priscilla.
- Parents have been Heather Matarazzo and Gaten Matarazzo Sr., and he has two siblings known as Sabrina and Carmen, who have appeared in commercials on television.
- Gaten is also noted for her role as a character in an episode from the Crime series, The Blacklist. If you’re not familiar, The series also features James Spader!
- It’s possible that he’s not a veteran of the silver screen, but he’s got quite plenty of stage experience! According to Matarazzo’s mother, Heather, she was on a tour of Les Miserables in 2013. He also starred in the same show on Broadway as part of the production between March 2014 and March 2015.
- If you are working with young actors, you run the possibility of encountering issues, particularly puberty issues. According to moviepilot.com, Gaten’s voice changed so dramatically during filming that the sound crew wasn’t capable of using his voice for any additional dialogue once the filming had ended.
- The 13-year-old is an avid sci-fi lover! He shared with Broadly.Vice.com it was happy to have been offered the part in Stranger Things since it’s “right up his alley” and even mentioned that his absolute favorite film was that of the Star Wars series!
- He is not a collarbone-less person and has his infant teeth, which cause him to speak in a “lisp.
- When he was cast on Stranger Things as Dustin Henderson, The character’s background was altered to include the condition.
- As he is a part of one of the greatest sci-fi films, it’s not a coincidence. It’s no surprise that Gaten is a massive sci-fi enthusiast.
- Cleidocranial dysplasia is a sporadic disorder that can affect the growth of bone and teeth.
- He’s a formidable combatant! For the past two consecutive years, Gaten received rejection after rejection due to his flaws.
- In his role in Dustin’s character, Gaten was awarded the Outstanding Performance Award by an Ensemble in a Series of Drama Series in the Screen Actors Guild Awards in 2017.
- That’s right! Gaten originally auditioned for the part in the role of Mike Wheeler. The position was offered to Finn Wolfhard. Instead, Gaten got the role of Dustin, and we couldn’t be happier about it.
- If you’re interested in more details regarding Gaten Matarazzo’s private life, then he’s vegetarian.
- As per Celebrity Net Worth, the actor is worth $4 million.