Garima Arora Body Measurements and Facts
She was born on November 9, 1986, as Garima Arora. She is an Indian chef most recognized for being the first woman from her country to receive a “Michelin Star.”
Garima Arora Career
The Michelin Guide, a series of travel guides produced by the French tire manufacturer Michelin since 1904, is how “Michelin Stars” are given out. A select few restaurants worldwide are given up to 3 “Michelin Stars” by the Michelin Guide for excellence. In Bangkok, Garima launched the three-story Gaa restaurant in April 2017 with a sophisticated tasting menu created utilizing conventional Indian cooking methods. In November 2018, she and Gaa received the aforementioned “Michelin Star.” The restaurant debuted on “Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants” in March 2019 at position 16, taking home the prize for “Highest New Entry.” She will be a co-judge on MasterChef India, the seventh season of the internationally renowned competitive cooking game show franchise MasterChef Australia, which was confirmed in September 2022. (starting October 2022). She became the first female co-judge in MasterChef India history as a result.
Garima Arora Measurements
Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Weight: 56 kilograms
Birthdate November 9, 1986
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Eyes: dark brown
Garima Arora Education
Garima enrolled in the University of Mumbai, a Mumbai-based, state-owned, public research university, after graduating from high school in 2005. She received a BMM (Bachelor of Mass Media) in journalism in 2008.
A few months later, she enrolled in Le Cordon Bleu (The Blue Ribbon) in Paris, a member of an international network of culinary and hospitality schools that teaches French haute cuisine and has 35 institutes spread over 20 countries with more than 20,000 students of various nationalities. She received a grand diploma in food and patisserie from there in 2010.
Garima Arora Family
Father: Anil Arora
Garima Arora Individual Life
According to Garima, she always tells her husband—a pilot—that if she weren’t a cook, she too would have been a pilot, according to an interview she gave to Outlook Traveler in November 2018. She has not made her husband’s identity or the duration of their relationship publicly known.
Garima Arora Particular Qualities
- Slender build
- Side-parted, shoulder-length hair
- Friendly smile
- Glowing face
Facts about Garima Arora
- After earning her degree from the University of Mumbai in 2008, Garima temporarily worked as a journalist before relocating to France to enroll in Le Cordon Bleu’s culinary program in Paris.
- She worked as an intern at the Commis I restaurant in Dubai from April 2011 to April 2012 (it is now called Table 9 by Nick and Scott). She then spent the next year or so working at Verre, a restaurant run by famed chef Gordon Ramsay within the Hilton Dubai Creek.
- She started working as a “Chef de Partie” in February 2013 at Copenhagen, Denmark’s Noma restaurant, which has three “Michelin Stars.” She was employed there through January 2015.
- She worked as the executive chef and co-owner of Cloud 10 Co. Ltd., a Thai restaurant, from January 2015 to August 2020.
- She received the title of “Asia’s Best Female Chef of the Year” in February 2019 from the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, compiled annually by the British media business William Reed Ltd.
- Gaga, the Bangkok-based restaurant owned by Garima, debuted on the “World’s 50 Best Restaurants” list in June 2019.
- She started a project called Food Forward India in August 2019. The event’s launch in Mumbai in October 2019 invites the best chefs in the city to participate in panel talks about the future of Indian food.
- She took over as the chief chef and owner of Native Eats Co. Ltd., a Thai-based culinary company, in August 2020. In November 2020, she opened an Indian restaurant, and wine bar in Bangkok named HERE under this business.