Merchant Salim Statistics for height, weight, Income, age, and body
Merchant Salim Short Bio, Lifestyle, Personal Life and Body Measurements
Salim Merchant and Sulaiman Merchant are siblings that work together as a scoring pair in India. The team primarily writes music for Hindi movies.
They originated in Mumbai. Sulaiman Merchant was born on December 21, 1970, while Salim Merchant was born on March 3, 1974. Their father Sadruddin Merchant, who once directed the Ismaili Scouts Orchestra in India, served as an inspiration to them.
Salim–Sulaiman The vocal teacher and singer Jeanne is happily married to the composer of Band Baaja Baaraat (2010). Ayesha Merchant, the couple’s daughter, is a blessing. Gujarat’s Kutch region contains Mundra, the hometown of Salim-Sulaiman.
Sons of composer and seasoned member of the film industry Sadruddin Merchant, Salim and Sulaiman were raised in a musical family. Salim studied piano at London’s Trinity College of Music, while Sulaiman studied tabla with masters like Taufiq Qureshi and Ustad Zakir Hussain. They gained praise for the film score of Bhoot, which they composed six years after their first piece of music for a Bollywood movie.
For the songs Born This Way and Judas by Lady Gaga, they created a Bollywood remix. They also contributed to Enrique’s I’m A Freak song. For the Hollywood movie Sold, the team created two songs. Salim-Sulaiman and Ricky Kej released their Gandhi Jayanti song during the 2020 shutdown.
The group has worked with Shivansh Jindal and other independent musicians to make a number of songs. In seasons 5 and 6, Salim Merchant served as a judge alongside Anu Malik and Sunidhi Chauhan. Salim, Vishal Dadlani, and Sonakshi Sinha served as judges for Indian Idol Junior’s second season.
The musical group worked with Kenyan singer-songwriter Eric Wainaina and South African vocalist Loyiso Bala to record the FIFA World Cup 2010 anthem. The song “Africa – You’re A Star” is the national anthem. Bollywood remixes of well-known foreign songs including Born This Way, Judas (both by Lady Gaga), and I’m A Freak (by Enrique Iglesias) were made by Salim and his brother Sulaiman.
Size, weight, and physical statistics
Body type: Slim
Tall: 5 feet 10 inches (1.78 m)
Weight: 78 kilograms (172 lbs)
Waist : 32-inch
Black hair and dark brown eyes
US Shoe Size 10
Family and friends
- Sadruddin Merchant, the father (Music Director)
- No mother is known.
- Sulaiman Merchant’s brother (Music director)
- Relationship Status: Married
- Jeanne Merchant, the wife
- Number of Children:
- Child: Ayesha
Favorite pastimes, Actors and Actress
- Favorite pastimes of Salim Merchant include reading and using the Xbox.
- Favorite actors include Riteish Deshmukh, Farhan Akhtar, Ranveer Singh, and Hrithik Roshan.
- Favorite actresses include Priyanka Chopra, Keira Knightley, and Anushka Sharma
Facts about Salim-Sulaiman
- He has served as a judge on music competition programmes like The Voice India, Indian Idol, and Indian Idol Junior.
- Salim Merchant has appeared on the following channels: Raftaar, Zee Music Company, Salim Sulaiman, and Zee Music.
- He has a thing for Priyanka Chopra.
- Salim is terrified of the water because as a child, he saw a buddy drown.
- He collaborated with Kenyan singer-songwriter Eric Wainaina and South African singer-songwriter Loyiso Bala on the music duo’s 2010 FIFA World Cup anthem, Africa – You’re A Star.
- The movie Bhoot won the Star Screen Award for Best Background Score (2003)
- Dhoom’s best background score won a Star Screen Award (2004)
- Ab Tak Chhappan’s background music won the Zee Cine Award for Best Background Score (2005)
- IIFA Award for Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’s Best Background Score (2005)
- The FHM (magazine) Best Dressed Music Composer Award (2007).
- Krrish won the Filmfare Award for Best Background Score (2007)
- Cheene Re Mora Chain won the Mirchi Music Award for Indie Pop Song of the Year (2013)