What is keratin treatment and how to sleep after keratin treatment
What is keratin treatment
Keratin treatment, also known as a Brazilian blowout or keratin smoothing treatment, is a hair treatment that aims to reduce frizz, increase shine, and make hair smoother and more manageable.
The treatment involves applying a keratin solution to the hair and then using heat to seal it in. The keratin solution typically contains formaldehyde, a chemical that helps to bond the keratin to the hair. However, some formulations are formaldehyde-free.
The treatment typically takes several hours and can last for several months, depending on the individual’s hair type and maintenance routine. After the treatment, the hair is typically straighter, smoother, and easier to style.
It is important to note that keratin treatments may not be suitable for everyone, and individuals with certain hair types or conditions may experience adverse effects from the treatment. It is important to consult with a stylist or hair care professional before getting a keratin treatment.
How to sleep after keratin treatment
After getting a keratin treatment, it is important to avoid getting your hair wet or damp for at least 72 hours to allow the treatment to fully set in. This includes avoiding activities that may cause sweating, such as exercise.
When it comes to sleeping, it is best to avoid sleeping on your hair and try to keep it as straight as possible. Here are some tips to help you sleep comfortably after a keratin treatment:
- Use a silk or satin pillowcase – This will help reduce friction and prevent your hair from tangling or becoming frizzy.
- Tie your hair up – If you have long hair, loosely tie it up into a low ponytail or bun to keep it from tangling or rubbing against your pillow.
- Sleep on your back – Try to sleep on your back to avoid putting pressure on your hair.
- Use a silk or satin hair bonnet or scarf – This can help protect your hair and prevent it from rubbing against your pillow.
- Avoid touching your hair – Try not to touch your hair too much while you sleep, as this can cause frizz or disrupt the keratin treatment.
Remember to wait at least 72 hours before washing or styling your hair, and follow any additional aftercare instructions provided by your stylist.